A Guide to Trouble Free Soft Contact Lens Wear
Important: Please read carefully and keep this information for future use
Rx Only - Federal law requires this device to be dispensed only with a valid prescription from a licensed eye care professional. Before use inspect vial and lens for any defects. If any defects
contact eye care professional immediately.
Remember regular check-up and always follow the advice of your Licensed Eye Care Practitioner. Do not lend your lenses to anyone. For your use only.
Follow the wearing and replacement schedule as prescribed by your Licensed Eye Care Practitioner.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE EYE DISCOMFORT, EXCESSIVE TEARING, VISION CHANGES, OR REDNESS OF THE EYE, IMMEDIATELY REMOVE YOUR LENS AND PROMPTLY CONTACT YOUR LICENSED EYE CARE PRACTITIONER.
These instructions do not give you all the information you need for wearing contact lenses. It is very important to consult with your Licensed Eye Care Practitioner and follow the prescription.
For each eye, ensure the lens is not inside out. Place on your index finger to verify the shape. (Fig. 1 & 2 see below) Using your other hand’s index and second finger hold up the upper lid and hold down the lower lid. Place the lens on to the eye. (Fig. 3 see below) Repeat the procedure for the other eye.
Insert 1-2 drops of saline or wetting solution in eye and wait 15 seconds. Look up and hold down lower lid. Slide lens onto white of eye (sclera) and gently lift off using thumb and forefinger at the widest point (3 & 9 o’clock) of the lens. (Fig. 4 see below) It is important not to crease or pinch the lens in the center or at the bottom edge to avoid damaging the material. Repeat procedure for the other eye.
Clean and disinfect your lenses following strictly the instructions on your solution bottle or as directed by your eye care practitioner. This should limit the existence of potentially harmful bacteria and fungi.
IF THE LENSES DRY OUT
Follow the Disinfection/Soaking step above, replace with new lenses or consult your eye care practitioner.
STORAGE AND CARE
Store in multi-purpose solution. Be sure to use clean contact lens case. Do not "top off" solution. Use rub and rinse method to clean the lens before insertion.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
1. We recommend that you replace your lenses frequently and care for them daily. Your eye care practitioner will recommend a wearing regime, but if in doubt do ask them for advice. Always follow their recommendations and make regular visits.
2. This lens is designed for daily wear and to be replaced as directed. Any variation to this should only be done on the advice of your eye care practitioner.
3. If your eyes become red or irritated or you experience any pain, remove your lenses immediately and consult your eye care practitioner.
4. Avoid long nails which harbor bacteria. A scratched eye is vulnerable to infection.
5. Replace damaged or scratched lenses immediately.
6. Insert lenses before applying make-up. Remove lenses before removing make-up. Use fiber and oil free mascaras. Avoid contact between your lenses and hair spray or other cosmetic aerosols.
7. Keep your lenses out of the reach of children.
8. Remove your lenses in the presence of noxious or irritating fumes.
9. Only use your lenses for water sports if water-tight goggles are worn.
10. Do not use tweezers or sharp objects.
1. DON’T sleep in your lenses.
2. DON’T use household products (e.g. disinfectants) on your lenses. They can seriously damage your eyes.
3. DON’T wear your lenses when using eye medications or eye drops (unless advised to do so).
4. DON’T use saliva to wet your lenses.
5. DON’T rinse your lense or lens case with tap water
LensServ Optical, Inc.